Thursday, September 13, 2012
DIY Wire Jewelry Bow Hair Clip (with no-slip grip)
Spinning off the previous attempt, I made yet another Jewelry Hair Clip! This time, I made a classic bow hair clip by following instructions from Ashley's Simple Bow Hair Clips (with non-slip grip) tutorial!
So have you made your's yet? No? You really should have, it's easy, Ashley had all details covered!
And here's the materials and it's measurements I've used:
- 2" long bare hair clip
- 1 piece of 4.5" 3/8 inch Grosgrain Ribbon to wrap around the bare hair clip.
- 2 pieces of 4" 3/8 inch Grosgrain Ribbon
- 1 piece of 2" 3/6 inch Grosgrain Ribbon (I sew my wire jewelry focal right at the center of the ribbon, vertically.)
- 1 piece of 1cm X 3cm grip
- Scissors (sharp one)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue for hot glue gun
- Wires (20ga, 28ga and 30ga)
- 8mm tall tear drop beads (I used pink color CZ Tear Drop Stone)
- 3mm round beads (I used Swarovski Crystal Pearl beads)
And I JUST realized that I did not glue the grip onto a piece of felt first - but it works anyway. :)
The view of the non-slip grips:
And though this isn't meant for my little one, I let her model it anyway. Look absolutely stunning ain't it? I do hope people would notice this isn't an usual cute baby hair-clip, it's custom-made, and made with lots of love. :)
Hope you have fun viewing, and make some of bow hair clips soon! :)
Corra @ de Cor's Handmades