Friday, September 21, 2012
Apple Green Jewelry Hair Clip With No-Slip Grip
Tada! Another jewelry hairclip. :) Trust me it is very likable - even toddler that absolutely refuse hair accessories would love this!
I've made a golden color jewelry hair clip and a hot-pink jewelry hair clip not long ago if you haven't already seen!
Free tutorial on making the Simple Bow Hair Clips (with non-slip grip), presented by Ashley from Make It and Love It. Thanks!
So, apple green it is now. Again it's a classic bow hair clip with the same measurements I've used to make the hot-pink hairclip:
- 2" long bare hair clip
- 1 piece of 4.5" 3/8 inch Grosgrain Ribbon to wrap around the bare hair clip.
- 2 pieces of 4" 3/8 inch Grosgrain Ribbon
- 1 piece of 2" 3/6 inch Grosgrain Ribbon (I sew my wire jewelry focal right at the center of the ribbon, vertically.)
- 1 piece of 1cm X 3cm grip
- Scissors (sharp one)- Lighter
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue for hot glue gun
- Wires (20ga, 28ga and 30ga)
- 8mm tall tear drop beads (I used Green color CZ Tear Drop Stone)
- 3mm round beads (I used Swarovski Crystal Pearl beads)
Installed no-slip grip is easy (I didn't glue it onto a felt sheet, though).
This is how it looks on my little one, but it's now in it's new owner's wardrobe! I hope it put some smiles on their faces. :)
I took a photo of all three jewelry hair clips I've made. So colorful, so pretty. :)
Hope you have fun viewing, and make some of bow hair clips soon! :)
Corra @ de Cor's Handmades